Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Which "Hard Candy" song do you prefer?

Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption Vote_lcap20%Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption Vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption Vote_lcap40%Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption Vote_lcap30%Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption Vote_rcap 30% [ 3 ]
Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption Vote_lcap10%Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption Vote_lcap0%Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Celebration
Come join the party! Order the Celebration CD.

Single CD
Double CD

Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption

Go down

Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption Empty Madonna 'Considering' Another Adoption

Post by Abbie Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Madonna has confirmed she is "considering" adopting another child from Malawi.

The pop superstar faced a barrage of criticism after she and then-husband Guy Ritchie adopted their son David Banda in 2006 - with some groups accusing the Malawian government of sidestepping their policies on foreign adoption because of Madonna's fame and wealth.

The adoption was subsequently deemed legal and was completed in 2008.

Since she welcomed the tot into her home, the singer has been rumored to be planning to adopt another child from the impoverished African country.

Last year, Madonna was said to have signed paperwork to adopt a child, Mercy James, whose grandfather told a U.S. tabloid, "It breaks our hearts to know she will leave us, but adoption is best for her."

The adoption reports never came to fruition, but Madonna confesses she could still possibly adopt another Malawian child.

Answering email questions from the country's Nation newspaper readers, Madonna writes, "It's something I have been considering, but would only do if I had the support of the Malawian people and the Government.

"Many people -- especially our Malawian friends -- say that David should have a Malawian brother or sister. It is a big priority for me to educate my son about the world, but always to stay connected to his Malawian culture."

And the star insists the child's new life with her family hasn't been tarnished by her recent divorce from director Ritchie.

She tells the publication, "Everything between us is very amicable. ... We both agree that our children should always feel a deep connection with both their parents. It is our responsibility to give them that foundation."
Abbie
Abbie

Female
Number of posts : 1400
Languages : English, German, Spanish, (French)
Registration date : 2008-01-02

http://www.missleading.com

Back to top Go down