Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Which "Hard Candy" song do you prefer?

Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Vote_lcap20%Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Vote_lcap40%Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Vote_lcap30%Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Vote_rcap 30% [ 3 ]
Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Vote_lcap10%Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Vote_lcap0%Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Celebration
Come join the party! Order the Celebration CD.

Single CD
Double CD

Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney

3 posters

Go down

Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Empty Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney

Post by Abbie Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Madonna sought comfort from friend Stella McCartney last night after jetting back to the UK from Malawi.

The singer was said to be 'devastated and shaking' at having to leave four-year-old Mercy in the African country after a judge rejected her adoption bid.

The 50-year-old, who touched down in Luton airport on Sunday afternoon, went to London restaurant Cecconi's with the fashion designer.

Madonna and Stella McCartney at Cecconi
Plenty to talk about: Madonna seeks solace in friend Stella McCartney at Cecconi's in London

Dressed in a black and white print dress, the singer was ushered into the venue by minders who put a protective arm around her.

A cut was visible on her arm, but it was not clear how she sustained the injury.

Despite the strain of recent days, the singer managed a smile as she made her way through the scrum of photographers.

She put out a welcoming arm to greet Stella, who was dressed head to toe in black.

Madonna and Stella McCartney Madonna and Stella McCartney arriving at Cecconi`s restaurant in Mayfair

Keeping her spirits up: The singer looked happier as she made her way through the throng of photographers

Madonna was met by ex-husband Guy Ritchie as she landed on Sunday.

Ritchie leapt up the stairs to sweep their adopted son David into his arms for a hug, and whisk him and son Rocco, eight, off to his Wiltshire estate.

He and Madonna did not appear to speak to each other, but Ritchie has publicly supported the adoption of Mercy.

However, the pair were said to have argued over the issue while still married, and Ritchie's father John said yesterday that his son would be 'very relieved' by the court's decision.

Judge Esme Chombo ruled last week that Madonna could not adopt Mercy as she had not met residency rules which require adoptive parents to live in Malawi for 18 to 24 months.

Smiling again: Madonna looked in good spirits despite her adoption blow on Friday
Smiling again: Madonna looked in good spirits despite her adoption blow on Friday

The star's lawyer Alan Chinula described the judgment as 'incomprehensible', saying the same court had approved her adoption of David Banda in 2006.

He said they were appealing the decision in Malawi's Supreme Court, and believed he had a good chance of winning.

Sources said Madonna told him: 'Do whatever you can to get me my Mercy; I can't imagine her going back to the orphanage.'

The singer and her eldest daughter Lourdes, 12, were said to have fought back tears as they left Malawi without the child.

Madonna
As a minder put a protective arm around the singer, a cut was visible on her arm

Madonna also reportedly told aides: 'I can't believe I'm leaving my beautiful baby behind. It's not right. I love that baby girl... She's my little girl  -  she needs to be with me.'

Officials have already returned Mercy to an orphanage, despite the appearance of a man claiming to be her biological father.

Security guard James Kambewa, 24, said he was willing to take a DNA test to prove he was Mercy's father and wants to raise the child.

If the court in Malawi accepts his paternity claim it is likely to be the final blow to Madonna's hopes of adopting the child. 

Madonna

It is not clear how she sustained the cut

Mr Kambewa, who lives in a remote village 100 miles from Lilongwe, said he was told Mercy had died with her mother at the birth.

He told the Sunday Mirror: 'I bear no grudge against Madonna. But I am Mercy's father and I want her to stay with me... I will make it plain that my daughter will be staying in Malawi with me.'

Madonna had been told the girl was an orphan and Malawian authorities said her mother and father were dead. The girl's other relatives had consented to the adoption.

The row echoes that over the adoption of David Banda, when his relatives came forward to oppose plans for him to be taken out of the country.

Madonna
Madonna's daughter Lourdes, pictured holding hands with Mercy James, is said to be devastated about the decision
Abbie
Abbie

Country : Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Spain
Female
Number of posts : 1400
Languages : English, German, Spanish, (French)
Registration date : 2008-01-02

http://www.missleading.com

Back to top Go down

Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Empty Re: Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney

Post by Theres Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:51 pm

oh my godness... a cut on her arm Very Happy
journalists always make things worse...
Theres
Theres

Country : Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Austria
Female
Number of posts : 818
Country (will be removed shortly) : Austria
Languages : German, English, (Russian)
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Empty Re: Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney

Post by Abbie Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:28 am

LOL well i wonder how the hell she got that cut on her arm... she has got bodyguards around her 24/7 lol
Abbie
Abbie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MadonnaBrigita Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:23 am

yeah,how did she get that cut?
MadonnaBrigita
MadonnaBrigita

Female
Number of posts : 844
Languages : Lithuanian,English
Registration date : 2008-01-09

http://madonnasuperstarqueen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Theres Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:16 am

i have that all the time...

by the way, i love that shoes!! are those the same she wore on the s&s tour during the gypsy section??
Theres
Theres

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MadonnaBrigita Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:32 pm

yeah,they are the same shoes
She loves them,she always wears them everywhere
MadonnaBrigita
MadonnaBrigita

Female
Number of posts : 844
Languages : Lithuanian,English
Registration date : 2008-01-09

http://madonnasuperstarqueen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Theres Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:48 pm

yeah, i've noticed that Very Happy

i want to have those shoes too...
Theres
Theres

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:30 pm

well, they're nice but personally i think she's got better ones. lol
i am totally in love with her re-invention boots!

Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney Anaheim63098gu

I LOVE THEM!! Madonna is cheered up by friend Stella McCartney 169176
Abbie
Abbie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down