Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Which "Hard Candy" song do you prefer?

"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Vote_lcap20%"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Vote_lcap40%"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Vote_lcap30%"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Vote_rcap 30% [ 3 ]
"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Vote_lcap10%"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Vote_lcap0%"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Celebration
Come join the party! Order the Celebration CD.

Single CD
Double CD

"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna

Go down

"Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Empty "Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna

Post by Abbie Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Dear Friend,

I'm sure that you, like me, have been heartbroken by the images coming out of Haiti since the devastating earthquake shook the impoverished nation on Tuesday.

My prayers are with the people of Haiti. I can't imagine the terrible pain and suffering they are experiencing. Sadly the depths of the tragedy are just becoming known and the need for our support grows more urgent with every passing moment.

I have given a donation of $250,000 to assist Haiti's earthquake victims through Partners in Health, one of Haiti's leading health care providers. I urge all of my friends and fans around the world to join me collectively to match my contribution or give in any way you can.

Please donate to Partners in Health now: http://www.raisingmalawi.org/Haiti

Many of you will remember Dr. Paul Farmer, a founding director of Partners In Health, from my film, I Am Because We Are. Paul is a medical anthropologist and a physician who has dedicated his life to treating some of the world's poorest populations.

Paul has been working alongside Haitians for decades, empowering them to improve their own communities. His dedication to Haiti and his transformative work there has inspired my own work in Malawi.

I realize I've asked for your help before. But when the suffering of tens of thousands of people comes into our homes and touches us the way the situation in Haiti has, I believe we are called to act.

Right now, Partners in Health is rushing to provide medical supplies and additional staff to the 120 doctors and hundred of nurses they already have on the ground in Haiti. Supplies are quickly running out.

I'm inspired by Partners in Health, and I whole-heartedly support their work. Please join me in supporting their relief efforts, which are needed more now than ever before.

We cannot sit idly by and watch the suffering of so many. We must act now.

Thank you for your support.

Madonna
Abbie
Abbie

Country : "Help my friend in Haiti" - a message from Madonna Spain
Female
Number of posts : 1400
Languages : English, German, Spanish, (French)
Registration date : 2008-01-02

http://www.missleading.com

Back to top Go down