Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Which "Hard Candy" song do you prefer?

Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony Vote_lcap20%Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony Vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony Vote_lcap40%Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony Vote_lcap30%Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony Vote_rcap 30% [ 3 ]
Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony Vote_lcap10%Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony Vote_lcap0%Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Celebration
Come join the party! Order the Celebration CD.

Single CD
Double CD

Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony

Go down

Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony Empty Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony

Post by eli Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:52 pm

NEW YORK, March 10, 2008

Pop Star All Talk And No Singing At Ceremony 2412r21

Madonna, pop music's quick-change artist, was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Monday and paid tribute to people who encouraged her and even critics who panned her for helping drive her career.

Madonna didn't perform, but asked fellow Michigan natives Iggy Pop and the Stooges to sing "Burning Up" and "Ray of Light."

Madonna recalled her dance teacher, Christopher Flynn, who encouraged her to follow her dreams when she was only 14.

"Thirty-five years later, people are still encouraging me to believe in my dreams," she said. "What more could I ask for?"

Even the people who "said I was talentless, that I was chubby, that I couldn't sing, that I was a one-hit wonder, they helped me, too," she said. "They inspired me because they made me question myself repeatedly and pushed me to be better."

Timberlake, who helped produce Madonna's upcoming album, inducted her with an innuendo-ladened speech.

"The world is full of Madonna wanna-bes. I might have even dated a couple," said Britney Spears' ex. "But there is truly only one Madonna."

Timberlake told of how he felt ill one day while working on Madonna's new album and she asked whether he wanted a B-12 shot. He said sure, expecting a doctor to show up, but Madonna pulled out a syringe and said, "Drop 'em."

After he pulled his pants back up, "She looked at me and said, 'That's top shelf,' and that was one of the greatest days of my life," he said.

"Everything he said is basically true," Madonna confirmed, "but I didn't say 'Drop 'em.' I said, 'Pull your pants down.'"

source:showbuzzcbsnews
eli
eli

Female
Number of posts : 644
Languages : English
Registration date : 2008-01-02

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/TotallyMadonnaFans/

Back to top Go down